Hey guys! So, I’m doing a whiskey dinner with www.Privy.net and Glenmorangie. SO, having never tasted these I’m gonna wing the food pairing based on these tasting notes. the backup plan is wine. I’ll write the menu up soon!
Has anyone had these? Oh yeah try and pair #8 lol
- Original 10 Year Old: Light and Floral. Peach and vanilla on the nose, with a palate of bright citrus.
- Lasanta 12 Year Old: This whisky spends the first 10 years in American Ex-Bourbon Casks, followed by an additional 2 years in Olorosso Sherry Casks. Big, bold and spicy! Lots of toffee pudding on the nose of this whisky, with raisins, dates, cinnamon, and clove.
- Quinta Ruban 12 Year Old: This whisky spends the first 10 years in American Ex Bourbon, followed by an additional 2 years in Port Pipes. This is a refined whisky with a mentholic top note, chocolate, and cocoa powder. On the palate there is Seville Orange and additional chocolate
- Nectar D’Or 12 Year Old: This whisky spends the first 10 years in American Ex Bourbon, followed by an additional 2 years in Sauternes. This is a sexy whisky with a butterscotch/vanilla crème brûlée nose, followed by a slightly bitter lime peel on the palate, cream, and vanilla.
- 18 year old: Cedar wood, cigar box, spice, dates, and raisins
- Signet – Between 15-40 years old. We use chocolate barley for this expression. It is like chocolate/coffee in a glass.
- 25 Year – Aged in 3 different types of oak. American Ex Bourbon, Sherry, and Burgundy Casks
- “I also have a couple of surprise whiskies I can bring.”